Host OS: Mac
Virtual machine: Windows XP
Problem: You initially set the hard disk size to 20G. Later you find you need to increase the disk size to 100G.
- turn off your virtual machine and set the hard disk size to 100G. You don’t need to check “pre-allocation”.
- Start virtual machine (Win XP)
- Download and install program “EASEUS Partition Master Home Edition”. http://www.partition-tool.com/download.htm
- Run “EASEUS Partition Master”. Select your C partition. Click button “Resize/Move” and increase your partition.
- Click Apply to execute resizing.
- Restart virtual machine.
Note: To be safe, you should backup your virtual machine before doing this.